EVER-CHANGING WORLD: KENETIC PENDANT
Registration opens January 1st
This workshop meets Friday and Saturday, August 28 & 29, 2020, 9:00 am - 5:30 pm each day
(lunch breaks suggested 12noon-2pm each day)
2-day Class • Intermediate, Advanced, Beginners who understand basic principles
Personal memorabilia and the theme of moving on in an "ever-changing world," will become the inspiration for the elements in your kinetic necklace. The technical portion of this project is inspired by constantly changing designs in wind kinetics and wind sculpture.
We will explore:
• Multiple free moving parts and kinetic motion.
• Purposeful design while creating sub-patterns as the spinners pass one another.
• Flush and Metal Clay tube set gem
• Ball set riveted connections
• Stilt connections
Bring a piece of personal memorabilia that has meaning to you. Anything can be used as inspiration such as a piece of cloth, a trinket, or picture. This item is meant to stimulate your creativity.
All basic tools needed for class will be available. (Bring your favorite metal clays tools, carving tools, flexible shaft or rotary tool, handvise, riveting hammer, steel hammer plate, all optional.)
Registration fee: $320
A kit fee of $120 will be collected by the instructor during the workshop. Kit includes:
• 45g of handmix 960 (PMC Sterling and Art Clay Silver),
• (5) Gems 3 - 5 mm
• 1.5” 14 gauge sterling wire
• Stencil paper for templates
• 400 sandpaper, 3 M polishing papers, polishing cloth.